lady post – Ipsy makeup magic
- Published on Thursday, 16 May 2013
So…at the ripe old age of 34andabit, I have decided that it might be time to start acting and looking like a girl. Not to say that if you don’t do these things you are not a girl – we all come in our own packages…mine just needs a little wrapping and some bows. Or glitter, or something.
Mopping up pennies, or Swiffer magic
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013
Much like most of you DIY-ers, I like being able to save money where I can. I also like a clean house. Contrary to what my mother may tell you.
Anyway, I was perusing Pinterest the other day and I came across this bad boy:
Now see, not only do I like saving money, and having a clean house…but I also like my Swiffer wet jet A LOT....
Freezer Cooking – Vol 3 Update
- Published on Tuesday, 07 May 2013
So I’m back with another update to my freezer cooking saga (Vol 1 & Vol 2). We made two new meals this weekend and baked up another couple of loaves of our favourite meatloaf.
The meatloaf always begins in the same way – pulverising the veggies and sautéing them in the frypan for a little bit. If I am planning on making...
May Favourites – Relaxing after a long week
- Published on Thursday, 02 May 2013
Everyone needs a little me time every now and then, and here are some of my tried and true favourites..
- Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herbal Tea – oh boy this stuff is good. I’m not a huge fan of taking any sort of medication to knock myself out, and luckily this tea does just the trick. I tend to deal with a lot of ...
Aspergers, or why we are creating an Ameristralian zoo
- Published on Tuesday, 30 April 2013
So there’s something I’ve been keeping to myself for a long time. I know I have mentioned in the past that Brian’s son has a form of Aspergers, but I have never really discussed how it effects us as a family and as a couple.
For the past 10 months the Kiddo (contrary to popular belief, this is my pet name for him and I...
Freezer cooking – Vol 2
- Published on Thursday, 25 April 2013
Brian and I have been really enjoying our freezer cooking bounties! I have been making 1-2(ish) meals each weekend and adding them to the freezer. We still haven’t pulled the trigger on an additional freezer yet, but that is in the plan for next year (after the sectional sofa, and boxes upon boxes of flooring get ordered –...
- Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013
We’ve been having weekend visits with the littleb as he works his way through his new treatment program. This weekend, after we had finished our chores and snarfed down some lunch, we headed outside to run some errands. Brian, in an amazing stroke of genius, remembered that our local library was having their bi-annual GIGANTIC...
Weekend Window Shopping
- Published on Thursday, 18 April 2013
Mama-Marr was in town this weekend and like all good ladies do, we went “window” shopping on Sunday. My original goal was to have a hunt through Home Goods for things we didn’t need, but unfortunately we arrived about 45 minutes before Home Goods opened, so we just had to go to World Market while we were waiting.
How does my garden grow
- Published on Tuesday, 16 April 2013
After about 3 days of Spring here in the DMV, it is now full on Summer and I need to get my behind into the garden.
We have had some pretty sad winters recently and while we have had a lack of snow, the cold temps have done nothing for my grass. That and the super hot-hot summers, and perhaps a naughty dog or two, have led to some bare...
- Published on Thursday, 11 April 2013
- The Boys – I know I am incredibly late to the party on this one, but I am addicted to this comic. The artwork, story lines (super heroes as fallible humans who are mostly complete dicks? SIGN ME UP!) and characters are all amazing and I can’t put down a TP until I am done, done, done.
- Tea Tree Antiseptic Cream. This is one ...