Our Concrete Home
Our blog chronicles our adventures around our 1952 concrete block house.
Feline Friday: Back of the chair
- Published on Friday, 27 February 2015
For years, the back of the chair in our front room has been Pixel’s domain. Recently, Loki has been trying to take it over. This has resulted in cat fights and a play for dominance for the “back of the chair” almost every night.
But then there are some special nights when the cats cooperate and share the back of the...
Pregnancy Update: Weeks 23-24
- Published on Saturday, 21 February 2015
The last few weeks have flown by for me. I haven’t had any new symptoms to report. It’s mostly been learning when to slow down or rest so I don’t exhaust myself.
Highlights of Weeks 23-24
- The baby is kicking all the time
- Had another regular appointment with the obstetrician
- Spending evening and weekends working on ...
Feline Friday: Loki in the middle of things
- Published on Friday, 20 February 2015
January 2015 Recap
- Published on Tuesday, 17 February 2015
1) Long walks have been a major blessing for me this month. I started 2015 taking walk near the American River with my family over my Winter Break. Since then, I’ve been doing a combo of walks near my house or on the treadmill.
2) Through my work I was able to meet Jamie Oliver and see him in action. It was a major highlight...
Feline Friday: A smiling Pixel
- Published on Friday, 13 February 2015
Adding a Bedroom Closet
- Published on Thursday, 12 February 2015
This weekend our bedroom finally gets a new closet. It’s been about five years since Bath Crashers took our old one away to make room for our amazing new bathroom. It was an easy trade back then, but I am really excited to have one back in the room now with the baby coming.
My dad is helping me with this project since Nate...
Pregnancy Update: Weeks 21-22
- Published on Tuesday, 10 February 2015
I was away for the weekend so the pregnancy update is posting a little late this week. The last two weeks have been the best so far. I’ve had energy and only minor issues. Watch the video below to get the full scoop.
Highlights of Weeks 21-22
- Feeling great – the bump has shifted and is much more comfortable right now
- Gettin ...
State of the (Concrete) House 2015
- Published on Tuesday, 03 February 2015
Today I am going through my 2015 State of the House. It’s my version of State of the Union (or a Governor’s State of the State, Mayor’s State of the City…). It’s a way for me to give a quick snapshot of where we are in our home projects and the actual state of our house right now.
Feline Friday: Taking over the back of the chair
- Published on Friday, 30 January 2015
This week Loki has been trying to bully Pixel off her prime sleeping spot. He’s been pretty successful at it since he tries to sleep on top of her until she can’t take it. Jerk....
Pregnancy Update: Weeks 19-20
- Published on Saturday, 24 January 2015
Oh my goodness, I don’t know where to start. If you watched any of the videos I recorded, you know I had a difficult time with the first trimester but around Week 18 my nausea went away and daily life has become a lot easier. I feel good and now officially look pregnant.
Highlights of Weeks 19-20
- Half way through the pregnancy
- The ...