This Dusty House
Chocolate Cream Cheese Crepes and Strawberries
- Published on Friday, 17 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerThis is a paid post, sponsored by Philadelphia Chocolate Cream Cheese, through my involvement with SheBlogs Media.
However, all opinions in this post remain my own.
I love cheesecake. So much so that, for our wedding, instead of your traditional fluffy wedding cake covered in fondant, we had three different flavours of...
Warm blankets, Casseroles, and a Video
- Published on Thursday, 16 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoer
This Dusty Bookshelf: Drunk Mom by Jowita Bydlowska
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerDrunk Mom: A Memoir
This book is going to mean a lot to some people.
In the year after her son was born, Jowita Bydlowska relapsed into intense alcoholism. Three years after her recovery, her son now four years old, she's published this novel, a reflection, a walk-through of that year and everything she and...
Project Attic of Awesome Update: Let There Be Dust!
- Published on Monday, 13 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerAccording to our schedule, by the end of Saturday, by the end of week 5 of this renovation, we should have accomplished the following:
- Reinforce the ceiling joists with floor joists
- Support the new floor joists with one ginormous beam
- Rerun the existing electrical
- Support the ginormous beam with posts and rip down the ...
Photo Friday Thank You
- Published on Friday, 10 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoer
I have been so very humbled and blessed by you. Yesterday, I posted on a topic that I've put a lot of thought into, a decision that has been crucial in shaping who I am. I often find these posts difficult to write, second guessing my words, worrying that the way I say something will be misunderstood. Even...
Commemorating Three Years with Some Last Name Talk
- Published on Thursday, 09 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerYesterday was our third wedding anniversary.
Attic of Awesome Update: Inspiration
- Published on Tuesday, 07 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerThis past weekend, my dad drove to the big city, picked up a hitchhiker on the way, and joined the Husband in the attic with a roll of wire and whatever other tools one uses to run electrical.
I puttered around in the garden.
We are still nicely on track. This weekend, together, they got the existing electrical...
Week 3: Project Attic of Awesome
- Published on Friday, 03 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerThe attic really doesn't look like much yet, but, believe it or not, we're slowly getting through the most difficult, most involved, most complicated bits of the project.
When the house was originally built, despite the adorable dormer the builder added to the roof, it was not designed to be living space. Most attics are...
This Dusty Bookshelf: The Invisible Girls by Sarah TheBarge
- Published on Thursday, 02 May 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerSomehow, I've gotten trapped in a cycle of books that have kept my morning commutes occupied but that have grated on my in one way or another. I want to read a book that I can say I gobbled up, a book I can say that I loved because of this, this, this, and this, a book that was everything I wanted it to be.
This was not...
Project Attic of Awesome: We Have Too Much Furniture
- Published on Tuesday, 30 April 2013
Authors: Jeanette deBoerThis weekend included yet another productive Saturday in the attic. At this point, we have:
- Reinforced the roof to remove all the posts that were in the way.
- Created the stair hole. (Holy crap, there's a great big hole in my dining room ceiling.)
- Reinforced half of the ceiling joists to become floor joists in the attic.